PCMS is committed to inspiring people, developing future classical music audiences, and enriching the cultural life of the Greater Philadelphia region through a multifaceted education and outreach program with support in part by the Lois and Julian Brodsky Music Education Fund.
- Free children’s concerts introduce the next generation to chamber music.
- In-school master classes and seminars give students the opportunity to work directly with internationally respected musicians.
- Pre-concert lectures led by respected musical scholars and composers provide valuable insight and perspective on the music for our audience.
- Young people are welcomed to the concert experience through our unlimited concert passes.
- The Social Series pairs our concerts with food and drink tastings by local purveyors.
In addition, music directors and private teachers are welcome to bring students to concerts and open rehearsals for free. Please contact Erik Petersons, education and outreach director, at [email protected] for more information.
Students at Temple Music Prep are very fortunate to be in a city like Philadelphia. PCMS propels these young musicians forward by connecting them to the outstanding chamber music ensembles presented in its concert series. By creating these interactions through workshops and master classes, PCMS allows our youth to learn directly from and emulate the masters they aspire to become. PCMS goes one step further in providing tickets so the students may then hear the artists in concert. The value is immeasurable.
- Mark Huxsoll, Temple Music Preparatory Division